Tania is a Certified Practising Marketer and communications practitioner with more than a decade of experience growing local and national brands in the corporate, not-for-profit and government sectors.
Scroll to learn more.
Tania Cavaiuolo | B.Mus, GradDipMktg, FAMI, CPM
I am an authentic person who strives for excellence and is optimistic about life. Having initially pursued my love of music with a degree at the Elder Conservatorium, I returned to study when I realised a career in marketing would let me combine my love of the arts and critical thinking. (Win+Win).
For more than a decade, I have led marketing and communications strategy. In my consulting work and in previous roles, including as Head of Marketing & Communications at the Leukaemia Foundation, I’ve led digital transformation, built high-performing teams and spearheaded major advertising and promotional campaigns, including the most successful World’s Greatest Shave fundraising campaign in it’s 20 year history.
I am a Fellow of the Australian Marketing Institute and a Certified Practising Marketer, and bring to my work broader management, facilitation and business skills gained in senior roles, in the not-for-profit and corporate sectors.
I have presented at Big Digital Adelaide, served on the Australasian Leukaemia & Lymphoma Group Marketing Committee and on the Judging Panel of the Luminous Awards for excellence in oncology journalism. My commitment to nurturing future leaders includes contributing to the Australian Marketing Institute’s Emerging Marketers Program as a Mentor.
From strategic reviews to tactical plans and advice, clients value the clarity I bring and my attention to detail. I’m on a mission to deliver a tailored, insightful service that is of immediate, practical value. After all, what’s the point of marketing if it’s not practical?
If you need a little more,
Recent work & achievements
- Provided a new strategic direction for the marketing & business development function within a well-known accounting and advisory firm
- Produced a Master Plan and project managed a new visual brand for an independent school in the Northern Suburbs
- Delivered strategic communications support to the Open State Festival, an initiative of the Government of South Australia (read the testimonial)
- Grew annual value of in-kind advertising and PR, equivalent to $15.04m in the 2014-15 financial year (up from $14.1m the year prior and $13.82m the year prior to that)
- Fostered a culture of collaboration across the national marketing and communications team to achieve brand consistency, operational efficiency, and attract talent (100% retention) (read the testimonial)
- Led the digital transformation of the Leukaemia Foundation, resulting in 73% more unsolicited donations in year one and establishing a social media presence with a following of more than 130,000 people
- Led the marketing & communications campaign for the World’s Greatest Shave’s for seven years, including its most successful year in it’s 20-year history
- Achieved a Top 10 national charity ranking in three consecutive PwC Transparency Awards
- Negotiated a national cross to a story in Antarctica with The Project to promote World’s Greatest Shave
I’m as comfortable working on strategy as being hands on. I credit my ability to switch from big picture operational reviews to running compelling email and online marketing campaigns to persistence, my love of learning and the resourcefulness that comes from working in the charitable sector. Here’s just some of what I can do.
- Strategically effective, able to deliver national strategy across multiple brands through a geographically distributed team and managing multi-million dollar operational and advertising budgets
- Impactful communicator, capable of simplifying simplify technical information and creating compelling pieces that a broad audience can understand and relate to
- Technically capable in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, and more
- Tactically savvy across Google AdWords, all main social media platforms, and specialist tools such as Sprout Social, Tagboard and Google Analytics to monitor impact and optimise campaigns in real-time
- Professionally curious, with well-developed audit and design skills to deliver in-house or agency-aided research to quickly identify and apply key findings to the strategy development process.
- I’m confident that I can recommend a solution for your needs – and if I can’t, I’ll try to point you in the right direction.