Tania is a Certified Practising Marketer and communications practitioner with more than a decade of experience growing local and national brands in the corporate, not-for-profit and government sectors.
Scroll to learn more about my achievements and capabilities.
Tania Cavaiuolo | B.Mus, GradDipMktg, FAMI, CPM
I am an authentic person who strives for excellence and is optimistic about life. Having initially pursued my love of music with a degree at the Elder Conservatorium, I returned to study when I realised a career in marketing would let me combine my love of the arts and critical thinking.
For more than a decade, I have led marketing and communications strategy, most recently in the national role of Head of Marketing & Communications at the Leukaemia Foundation (2009-2016). My achievements include building a high-performing team and the digital transformation of the Foundation and its iconic World’s Greatest Shave campaign.
I am a Fellow of the Australian Marketing Institute and a Certified Practising Marketer, and bring to my work broader management, facilitation and internal audit skills gained through senior roles, in the not-for-profit and corporate sectors.
I have presented at Big Digital Adelaide, served on the Australasian Leukaemia & Lymphoma Group Marketing Committee and on the Judging Panel of the Luminous Awards for excellence in oncology journalism. My commitment to nurturing future leaders includes contributing to the Australian Marketing Institute’s Emerging Marketers Program as a Mentor.
Recent work includes marketing and advisory work for the Government of South Australia and ongoing market research, website redevelopment and communications advice to clients in education and professional services.
My mission is to deliver every client an insightful service that is of immediate, practical value.
- Grew annual value of in-kind advertising and PR, equivalent to $15.04m in the 2014-15 financial year (up from $14.1m the year prior and $13.82m the year prior to that)
- Fostered a culture of collaboration across the national marketing and communications team to achieve brand consistency, operational efficiency, and attract talent (100% retention)
- Led the digital transformation of the business, including launching a search engine-optimised responsive website, resulting in 73% more unsolicited donations in year one and establishing a social media presence with a following at the time of leaving of more than 130,000 people
- Doubled lead generation results for the 2016 National World’s Greatest Shave Marketing Campaign, effectively leveraging a $1.2m annual advertising budget across television, digital, social media, PR and direct mail
- Launched new stakeholder print and email newsletter to boost brand awareness and engagement, generating $100,000 in donations and $120,000 in new leads in the first six months
- Delivered the inaugural Leukaemia Foundation Annual Report in just six weeks
- Achieved a Top 10 national charity ranking for transparent reporting in each of the last three years the PwC Transparency Awards were held
- Negotiated live crosses to five capital cities on The Project ‘Friday Night Whip’ for World’s Greatest Shave and a technically complex live television cross to a story in Antarctica
- Secured BAE Systems as a national charity partner, worth more than $200,000 over 18 months
My skills are broad. I’m as comfortable working on the big picture as I am crafting compelling marketing campaigns, running engaging social media accounts and developing advertising campaigns.
- Strategically effective, successfully delivering national strategy across multiple brands through a geographically distributed team and managing multi-million dollar operational and advertising budgets
- Impactful communicator, able to simplify technical information into compelling pieces that quickly convey meaning to broader audiences through evocative words and imagery
- Technically capable in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, video editing and managing production
- Tactically savvy across Google AdWords, all main social media platforms, and specialist tools such as Sprout Social and Tagboard to monitor impact and optimise campaigns in real-time
- Professionally curious, with well-developed audit and design skills to deliver both in-house or agency-aided research to quickly identify and apply key findings to enhance strategy
- You can count on Tania to deliver
- with insight, clarity and focus.